Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 3 ... a Duck, a Dream and a Donut


Day 3 begins to comfortably wind down with a little knitting on the afghan and the "Astronaut Farmer", another questionable Blockbuster choice starring Billy Bob Thornton.

I remember starting this blanket, the excitement of one of my first (at the time) major projects. It was for us and now there is no us, so now it's for me. I still love the coloration but I'd forgotten what it's like to use size 17 needles, Turbos of course.

Today the Cabbage Soup Detox Diet got a little easier with some fruit in the mix. We've already had, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes and a peach. Tomorrow is all about bananas - 8 of them and as much skim milk as you'd like. It's a kooky mix but seems to be working. It's incredible how the mind works, how an afternoon nap can turn into a rhapsody of donuts -- dancing, taunting me with their glaze, sprinkles and other accoutrements but I'm resolve in my decision. If I get through Day 4, Day 5 and 6 are all about red meat, steak, and I've purchased some fine cuts to indulge in along with some spectacular tomatoes. Enough food talk, Giada's on!
I took a walk down to the pond early this morning and visited with my colorful friend here. He was completely un-amused by me but I was relentless in getting my shot. If you click on him, you'll see he's staring me down. Isn't he amazing? What should we name him?

No comments: