Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ants in My Pants

Well, it's been an interesting Tuesday/Wednesday weekend at casa knitguyla. I woke up at 5:00am itching all over. The laptop was on the bed (left over from the night before - listen to the Y knit podcast, it's great) so I opened the monitor to cast a little light on the situation. I was half asleep but figured I was having an allergic reaction to seafood or something like that. What I discovered was a horror show of ants crawling all over the laptop, bed and ME! Within 30 seconds every light was on, I was dancing around stripping my bedcloths off as quickly as I could and into the shower I went.

After scalding myself in the shower to a beet red skin color, I went to survey the situation. Yes, there were in fact ants all over my bedroom. Strip the bed, curtains, and every piece of clothing within a 12 foot radius of the epicenter. 10 loads of laundry later and bleach washing everything in sight, they weren't leaving. Hours later, I discovered a pot pourri and dried fruit basket that I had under the sink and shrink wrapped since I received it. I found it under the bed and unshrink-wrapped. Once that was tossed out the window, I started to win the battle. The cleaning lady decided that the smell would permeate the room from under the bed. Can you say welcome back to El Salvador!

I sprayed, trapped and battled ants in hand to hand combat and it was finally over. I'm still doing laundry, you have no idea how much time it takes to dry a pillow!

With that done, I was off to the spa. There's nothing that a salt glow, healing wrap, anti-aging (yes, shut up) anti-aging facial and an 80 minute massage can't fix. In the locker room, trying not to drown in the 12 head shower, I was still feeling the itchy remnants of my fright fest so I had a pedicure just for good measure. I'm glowing and silky smooth with no one to touch me so I'll be signing off now, to touch myself!

No comments: