Monday, September 10, 2007

A Bird, A Turtle and Sunset oh my....



Yes, knitting has been slow going in these parts but I'm still exploring my new surroundings. Today, I share with you "Sunset on Sanibel Island" and my "Day at the Beach"

I have to say that I'm really digging the beach these days. I never really got its appeal but I'm learning more with every visit. First off, you can swim in the Gulf waters because they're so wonderfully warm! I saw a jellyfish and screamed like a girl but other than that, it was uneventful.

There are turtles just hanging out everywhere, holding up traffic on the road and wandering any place they want -- gotta love a protected species who's not afraid to use it.

And the clouds, they bring an entirely amazing dimension to the sky. They move with lightening speed and do amazing things to the sunsets. I was never very fond of the sunset in California because the sky is so empty but not the case today!


Yes, the perpetually urban guy, who "hates" the outdoors is loving the beach - even if I don't particularly like taking my shirt off -- YET! But that's another post coming soon!

No comments: