Monday, October 1, 2007

Whoever Smelt It, Dealt It


Day Two of the Cabbage Soup Detox Diet! And I'm not even crabby yet, WooHoo! Tomorrow I get to have fruit again and then on Day 4 I can eat bananas and somewhere towards the end of Hell Week, I get to have lots of steak! I assume that this mix of preposterous food groups has some metabolic effect on the body to help you lose weight. 10 lbs and I'll be the same weight I was when I graduated from college and that was a lifetime, many, several, a few years ago. It's amazing what happens when you stop exercising, even for a short time. After I hurt my knee and had to take a rest from my new running and swimming regime, factor in a free cafeteria at work (with ice cream and fries EVERYDAY) and you get the Cabbage Soup Detox Diet.

On the knitting front, I picked up the needles today. I've decided that there's some psychology to finishing unfinished projects from Los Angeles. I'm currently working on the most simple afghan (which I started about 6 years ago). A basket weave design, mindless 8 row repeat of only knit and purl. It was complex at the time but now simple, uncomplicated and easy. It's symbolic of the way I live my life these days. It's great therapy and something to take my mind off The Princess Diaries 2 and Hannibal Rising, two very bad Blockbuster choices! Fine, I admit it, the Princess Diaries had its moments. Anne Hathway's so cute and all those suitor guys, even cuter! Until Day 3!

No comments: