Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New Experiences?

I did two things today that I never do. I bought a live plant and really cheap yarn. There's green thumbs and then there's mine - the royalty of black thumbs. I can't keep a plant alive to save my life but my little lanai needed a little some some (as my ex used to say). It's an adorable little thing. They call it a Hawaiian Schefflora whatever that means. All I know is it needs plenty of water and medium light. I just thought it was pretty. I'll keep you posted.

On the yarn front, today I went through the stash which constitutes about 40-50 skeins of yarn - amazingly soft alpacas and sublime sock yarn from Lorna's Laces yet my umph to hear the click of needles was not stirred. I don't know if it's the heat of the unending Summer that Florida experiences or my lack of concentration which is expended entirely at work these days. So in Walmart searching for a window shade and a trash can, I saw the yarn section. I didn't even know they had a yarn section; which was filled with gynormous skeins of Lion Brand and the like. I have nothing against Lion Brand yarns, I just think the feel of the yarn in your hands is part of the experience. Regardless, two skeins of $1.27 Peaches & Creme yarn unknowingly jumped into my basket and a dishcloth was born. Simple, uncomplicated and already on the needles. I could be back!

On a side note, the lovely little lady working in the craft department looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her to find a matching dyelot. A dye-what she exclaimed which made me smile. Yes Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments: