Sunday, May 10, 2009


I celebrated my 45th birthday since my last post and made a glorious long weekend of it. I dined with the folks, went out with the wild friends and spent a day recuperating on my own. I enjoyed a massage, a swim, some sun and a bit of knitting. I'm not exactly having a mid-life, but instead a bit of a makeover. I give you exhibit A, my new glasses. In addition, I'm sporting contacts for the first time in 2 decades. I love my new glasses but I'm enjoying me sans specs even more! It's remarkably liberating.

The current knitting is for the community afghan project and although I toiled over the gauge, I love the result. The right side is fun and has an interesting movement to it and the wrong side is remarkably all sorts of fun.




Hope you're having a great weekend! J.

9 comments:

Krystal said...

Oooh I love it! I've never seen that design texture before. Whats it called or did you just make it up?

Edward said...

I like the glasses. I need to get a new pair, but being a former optician, I want nothing but the best. The only time I wear my contacts is when I want to go from brown to blue

IamKnitGuy said...

Thank you! Did I make it up? Do you have a fever Krystal. hehe. Designing something like that is way outside my abilities. It's a Barbara Walker design from her Treasury of Knitting books. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a dishcloth for me in this design. I like it.

IamKnitGuy said...

Ed, I settled a little on the glasses but I like them as much as I can like any glasses on me. The contacts are a completely new endeavor, we'll see how it works out.

Melanie said...

Neat pattern. I'm always interested in the back. Thanks for showing it.

IamKnitGuy said...

Thanks, I figured for an afghan it's got to look good on both sides, right?

Unknown said...

Are you really 45?...you look fantastic. I just finished securing your square into the afghan last night and it looks great.

Pictures of the entire (huge) afghan will be forthcoming.

Lisa said...

LOVE the new glasses! Reminds me that I need some as well...as far as the pattern, I love her books and this one liiks fab! And I'm still older than you :) and you will love the contacts when you get accustomed to them...

Maxine said...

I love it!!! Thanks so much for putting it up. If it's reading glasses or magnifiers you are looking for please visit our website for quality, afordable, funky and fashionalbe glasses and acessories as well as some great give ideas... Deby the owner of the company is also a knitting monster!!! Take a look I'm sure you'll enjoy. Thanks again for all your knitting posts.
http://www.debspecs.com/