Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Turning a Corner!

This is the first acceptable gauge I have ever gotten on my CSM. It's tight and even when stretched over my calf holds its tension really well. I oiled the machine tonight and started working on increasing the tension every 40 rows. It worked right up to the top of the tension dial and with one more turn -- half the stitches came flying off the cylinder like popcorn at its moment of conception! LOL.


I know it doesn't look like much but if you've just joined us:

This is four feet of knitting that took maybe 15 minutes
It contains not one dropped stitch
And it was knit on my finicky sock machine that's probably over 100 years old!

The best part ... it's finally getting an excellent gauge for socks!

I finally beat this machine into submission! Yeah, this is big, really big!

3 comments:

Dave Daniels said...

Hey, bind off the ends and you have a wonderful garter stitch scarf! Or, drop a stitch every x# and you can have a drop stitch scarf. No sense in wasting good knittage.
Congrats!

Krystal said...

congratulations!!! And it looks fab!

IamKnitGuy said...

Dave, no, cheap yarn. Practice only and practice and practice and practice and practice.

Thanks K!