Sunday, December 4, 2011

Updates & Holiday Greetings!

Good grief! I had no idea anyone was still reading my blog! Hey Krystal and Lisa! First off, Happy Holidays one and all from the beautiful, Florida coast! If you're on my Christmas card list, read the last sentence, it's all you're getting this year!


To start, I hate when people say they're "busy" but this time I have to concede, I'm busy! The holidays are coming and I'm not even remotely prepared. I've just moved to a new city and don't even know where the grocery store is or where to shop for gifts. Yikes!

I'm pretty sure the tree is stuffed in the laundry room but the ornaments and trimmings are who knows where! Today, I finally rid myself of the last of the boxes and am fairly certain that the major furniture pieces are in their final locations. It may seem like a simple task to put the boxes out with the trash but when you live on the 8th floor, all logistics and ease are out the window. Up and down, up and down, it's quite a process! I love the space. It's brand, spankin' new. No one has ever taken a shower here, heated up a Lean Cuisine in the microwave or sat on the balcony and enjoyed the inter coastal water views. I love it!

Needless to say, knitting has been scarce. Beau, my sock machine is in storage at a friend's house and will be returned next weekend. I can't wait. I unpacked the yarn and set up the den as a craft studio/office. Everything fit and my indestructible, craft table (that I thought would have to go to Goodwill) fit in the space with no more than a half inch of room to spare! Is that fate or what?

So stick with me folks and soon enough, I'll be posting socks, shawls and the miscellaneous dribble of my life.

2 comments:

garret said...

Looking forward to the dribble.

Krystal said...

Hi there! And Congrats on the new digs!!! And I'm sooo jealous of that beautiful view you posted. Here in Tennessee, it's wet and cold :(

Merry Christmas and Happy Knitting!