Saturday, December 30, 2006

Goldilocks Who?


Just like the story, this porridge is too hot, this porridge is too cold but this porridge is just right. I guess the next hat will be .... just right. You guessed it, I checked and double checked the gauge but still the result - one big hat! Since the gauge was right, I opted for less stitches the second time around (that seemed reasonable) but what I got was a yamulke that popped off my partner's head on Christmas morning, so the next hat should be .... yes, just right. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Cie said...

Joseph, you're a dedicated Half-Dome guy and no mistake. Nice colour choices! Hope it's third time lucky. The (large adult size) one I made was, as you saw, a little large for me, but just right for the exceptionally big bonce of the recipient.

IamKnitGuy said...

Cie, it is the weirdest thing. I followed your pattern (in the round), the pattern is fantastic by the way, and the gauge from Yarn Boy's Knitty pattern and it just didn't work. It's so strange. Now I just need to find one large & one small headed man and we'll be all set.