Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Simplicity - Straight Up, No Ice



Sometimes you just want things to be simple, like my first pair of socks. They were simple, just stockinette but my first foray into double-pointed needles! Let me tell you a little bit about my socks. They're both the same length, they both have matching heels and they both have matching toes. This, I'm told is the prescribed practice. Oh, and the most important thing, there are two of them. They're a little on the short side and there are plenty of imperfect stitches, but they're mine and there are two of them (did I say that already)!

In fact, I'm wearing them right now and may not take them off for some time. I was so excited, I decided to jump right into my next pair, something perhaps, a little more challenging. I chose a Charlene Schurch pattern, based on Franklin's blog. Franklin seems to always be knitting one of her patterns and I think he's an amazing knitter so, it just seemed logical. Then I reviewed the pattern and although I can and will knit this new pattern someday, I just won't knit them today. Sometimes, you just want to knit something simple and sometimes you don't. This is so one of those simple days. So I'm going to keep working on the baby blanket and maybe work on something tried and true like a lovely, simple, Fan and Feather dishcloth. Today, simplicity rules and socks wait!

2 comments:

LizKnits said...

Making impressive progress -- both with the fab knitting projects and the blog. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

IamKnitGuy said...

I'm simply giddy over my first comments. I must be the biggest geek -- a grown man, gushing over his first comment on his knitting blog. I think that there just about sums it up!

Liz, you are immortalized forever and thank you so much for the kind words. You truly made my day!