Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Alive & Kicking!

Thank you everyone who emailed me to see if I was okay - most appreciated! I've been nesting, getting used to the new place. Here's a little shot of the view from my bedroom window. It's lovely, the lake is serene and the light is fantastic in the morning. For those of you who know me well, I'm not much for morning light but hey, old dogs can learn new tricks.

Yes, I celebrated my Blogiversary in style by not posting nor celebrating with some witty quip about the passage of time. It's a blog, deal and yes, it's one year old.

In honor of that, I'll be posting some FO's very soon. I'd prefer the recipient receive it first, you know the drill.

And I'm pleased to say I'm knitting again. My new knitting chair, affixed with perfect lighting has finally been set up at the perfect angle to my new big TV. Netflix arrives regularly and the two have become lover and best friend. I love the space and find myself communing with nature more regularly, knitting outdoors; on the lanai. The Florida version of a porch or patio. The lizards get in occasionally but I'm learning to co-exist.

I trust everyone is enjoying the Winter. Florida has no Winter, don't let them fool you. It's just plain hot all year round, just really hot in Summer.

My parents and the other 2 billion senior citizens have arrived in Florida, escaping the cold weather from other parts of the country. They drive slow or Mario Andretti fast and haven't got a clue what the rules of the road are since their roadtests were on Model T's in the roaring 20's. We get out of their way quickly and accept that the Grand Marquis are like locusts that come more frequently than once every 20 years!

Thanks again for all the well wishes. I'll be hanging around more regularly -- promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, my dad and his new girlfriend took off from Boston to head down there for a few MONTHS to escape the cold. He drives like a maniac, though, and usually has a tumbler of Canadian Club whiskey in the cup holder.
LOVE the new view, that's quite serene looking.

IamKnitGuy said...

Dave, I'm sure he's zoomed by me already. Eventually, they all do! After all, it is a one road town.

My view is amazing but for you to comment on my photo is the best comment I'll get today! Thanks for stopping by.