Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Every Man's Drug


Some day I'm going to have to ask a doctor what it is about the sugar content of pure maple syrup that is an absolute narcotic for me. Granted, when I'm off from work, my sleep schedule is a bit odd. I went to sleep at 4AM last night (the middle of the night is totally my time of day), the accidental nap from 8-10PM didn't realy help.

I woke up at 10AM, just six hours later and ready to start the day. I puttered around the house, did some laundry, went shopping, cleaned up a bit and decided to have some breakfast. French Toast was in order but I know I have this reaction to maple syrup so I was very careful not to have too much at around noon.

By 2:30, I was fast asleep on the couch and 3.5 HOURS later, I arose from my afternoon's slumber. Damn, if you're looking for me, I'll be aimlessly wandering the Internet tonight - all night tonight!

On the knitting front, the cashmere booties are great but haven't been sewn together yet. As soon as I'm awake (when there's sunlight), I'll snap a few photos!

Edit: 2:36AM and going strong! Oiy.

2 comments:

David said...

Yes! And it must be real maple syrup, none of that Log Cabin or Mrs Butterworth's crap.
I have a great recipe for caramel that has brown sugar, molasses, and maple syrup - to die for. I dole it out to myself little by little, and it is great for giving to friends as a gift. Most folks feel like I've given them manna from heaven.

David

IamKnitGuy said...

I'd be in a sleep coma for a week!