Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm sure to screw up the washer...

but I've decided to felt something! After all, I proclaimed 2009 to be the 'Year of the Felting' and I have so much Cascade 220 there's few options. It's not that exciting a project but it's a practice felt as I've always wanted to make felted slippers. I'm enjoying it and I love the color mix! It's been forever since I used double-pointed needles. It's a quiet and slow day around casa knitguyla. It's warm again, perfect 70 degrees and the sun is simply brilliant today which is not helping a certain someone who had a little too much to drink last night. In hat and dark glasses I ventured out to the store to pick up all the essentials: chocolate milk, Milano cookies, Gatorade, bacon and a sundry of other fattening and greasy staples to nurse a hangover -- my first in more than several years.

It's already late in the day and I've accomplished nothing but vegetate on the couch and watch Love Valour Compassion twice on a really old VHS tape. If you haven't seen it lately, I recommend it entirely. It's one of my favorites and brings me right back to a sea of fond memories and a wonderful time in my life.

I'm so glad I took the day off from work to get some chores done. All the same, it's turned into quite a relaxing and enjoyable afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the colors in the yarn ARE gorgeous!

IamKnitGuy said...

It's actually two yarns. One is a dark green and other is variegated in multiple shades of green. It's even better in person. I can't wait to felt it. I finished it today. Felting shots on Monday.