Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lots of stuff is going on at hooked on the needle these days but there's so little time to post. I've got a new project nearly completed, an old project that's been improved and some new yarn has been added to the stash! For now, you'll have to settle for my newest knitting toy! It's Buffy Anne Designs Stitch Light (photo from her website) and for those who know me, I am blind! I'm always struggling for more light but I think this is going to finally solve that problem. You wear it around your neck and the light can be directed right at your project. The light beam can be adjusted so if you're knitting in the car, you can decrease the circumference of the beam. It's an LED bulb and stays cool - bonus! Even in a brightly lit room, it gives you just that extra punch. There's even a little pouch to hold stitch markers and the like. And for fun, it flashes which could really come in handy if you're knitting in the car and you break down. Actually if you're knitting in the car and driving, you're likely to encounter bigger problems than breaking down. ;-) It's a little pricey but search the web, there's a coupon out there! Thumbs up on this little light!

If you're interested, here's everything you ever wanted to know about the Stitch Light!



Photo Credit: Buffy Anne Designs.

2 comments:

garret said...

You wouldn't happen to know why it's named the "Buffy Anne" stitch light? Sorry, it just makes me think of a certain vampire slayer, who happens to share that same name.

IamKnitGuy said...

You know, I don't know but I'd suspect she's a fan or even better, wouldn't it be great if Buffy Anne was her given name!