Saturday, April 14, 2012

Well, I had to frog the lace section of the Stephen West shawl AGAIN! I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I needed something easy peasy to rest my weary mind, so I found a simple cowl to knit today. A perfect,lazy Saturday afternoon project. All that's left is the button row and a few garter rows and this project is done. Just what I needed. I knit it a little smaller than the pattern called for so it would stay up on my neck. It's knit in Cascade 220; one of their best colors. There's all sorts of flecks and bits that are hard to see in the photo but in person, it's quite lovely.


Stash has also been enhanced and as they say, pictures or it didn't happen. Two skeins of Madeline Tosh sock yarn and one super wash Cascade for my next project, Jared Flood's Koolhaus in red. I don't wear hats, and for those who know me, I look terrible in hats but it's too cool not to knit. It's been in the queue for years. I'll keep you posted.


Buttonhole row to commence! If I screw it up now, I may have a breakdown!

Edit: Well, I screwed it up. It was supposed to be a 2 stitch buttonhole but I did a 3 stitch (having never done a buttonhole row I just followed the first youtube instructions I found) so it's off centered across the edge. I've decided it's a design element and I'm not going to change it. Time to sew!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Droooooool!!!! Love the color!! And the colors of your stash yarn! Your soo lucky. I've yet to use any of those brands. o.O

And don't feel bad. I'm attempting my first big lace design project and I'm off by 1 stitch. Go figure. But really, it didn't surprise. I knew it was gonna happen. LOL

garret said...

Perfect design element. I get rather tired of all those "outdated" designers who feel the uncommon need to make their button holes even. To normal I say.

I wish I looked better in hats. I always thing that I look cute and impish. (Not exactly a good look for a six foot tall man)But they always make me look like I missed my short bus. (Was that offensive? Probably, sorry if you're offended.)