Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Ribber has been Conquered!!!

So to answer your question Joe... no, I do not plan on giving up on the ribber attachment! I do still love the 5x1 mock rib socks but the ribber had to be mastered!

It's a classic 1x1 rib cuff, followed by a 3x1 rib for the leg/foot. I was too high from tonight's success that I didn't even try to close the toe. We'll tackle that another day! If I do say so myself, Beauregard and I are definitely friends now!

1x1/3x1 Ribbed CSM Socks

If you can't tell, I'm thrilled with this milestone and I finished it before the end of the closing ceremonies. My own personal Olympic goal! Do you think if I send a pair to Olympic diver, Troy Dumais, he'll come to my house and thank me? It could happen, he's not always in the pool.

I had no idea I was so interested in diving!

2 comments:

garret said...

There are lots of pools in Florida, I'm sure he'd feel right at home! LOL! (Though please don't stalk him, that rarely ends well. Occasionally, but still rare.) And besides, wouldn't it be better to send him handknit ones, you know, make it mean more . . .

IamKnitGuy said...

Garret, I am so happy with my socks I'm not even going to take the bait. I'm too happy. Instead, I will lie and wait for just the right moment and then say something equally cruel on your blog. That's all.

Good call on the pools though, that could be a good selling point to the whole come to my house and thank me strategy. ;-)